How to Grow and Maintain the Perfect Lampshade Mustache Shape
Growing a lampshade mustache is pretty straightforward. Follow these steps to grow one out yourself.
1. Grow Out Your Mustache
First, you will need to grow a nice mustache, to begin. Taking daily beard supplements will help in this process, as they’re great for promoting hair growth. Your hair should be somewhat larger since the lampshade mustache needs to have an adequate amount to cover your upper lip region. We recommend at least half an inch or more in length.
2. Trim And Style The Mustache
Next, you must trim and style the mustache into what resembles a lampshade. That means the hairs should be more narrow near the top by the nose and taper downwards as it gets to the lips. If you pick up a good grooming kit, you can use scissors, a comb, and a beard-shaping tool to get the right look. Use the scissors and comb to get the hair to an even length. Then you can hold the beard-shaping tool at a 45-degree angle from your nose to your lips and trim the beard along the edge. This will give you a nice straight line to go off of.
3. Groom The Rest Of The Face
Finally, you must finish grooming the rest of the hairs on your face. You can wear a beard with the lampshade mustache or shave your face for a clean look. The main thing to remember is that the mustache should be the show's star. You should keep it moisturized and soft by using beard oil daily and then brushing it out.
Here are some of our favorite product recommendations to help you get the perfect lampshade mustache:
- Beard Growth Supplements: Contains all-natural ingredients your facial hair needs to grow thick and long.
- The Expert Grooming Kit: Has scissors, a comb, a brush, a razor, and a beard-shaping tool to get the perfect lampshade mustache.
- Beard Oil - Mint: This oil will keep your mustache hydrated and moisturized so that it doesn’t become too hard or brittle.